sketchbooks

---------

From: Marian Colman (colmans1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 04:42:37 PDT

Check out Jefferson County Colorado's sketchbook/journal pages on the web:

http://204.98.1.2/isu/art/sketchbook.html

I use the sketchbook at the high school level for so many different things:
note taking, thumbnail sketches, technique exercises, homework drawing
assignments, and homework research assignments on an artist or a style of
art. In the Foundations level, students create individual pages on each of
the design elements and principles with definitions, facts, and visual
examples. When they are finished, they have a comprehensive collection of
ideas and informatiuon and a visually stunning book--
Marian

---