Re: literacy and the visual arts

---------

From: Julia Bourbois (juliarenaissance_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2002 - 21:32:35 PDT

To whom it may concern,
I use books to introduce art history to my ECE Montessori class. For a good source for books regarding the major 19th and 20th century artists I recommend http://www.montessoriservices.com. Available via catalog, the books are written for the early elementary level reader and are generally well illustrated. I hope this will prove useful.
Julia
  Jhirunrtx@aol.com wrote: I to use books for kdg, first and second. It's a good way to inspire and
share information. Almost all of my kdg lessons involve a story of some kind
and it's a great way to talk about illustration. There's so many artists and
styles you can find in books. Janet