literacy and the visual arts

---------

From: Dawn Lagerstedt (dlagerstedt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2002 - 14:57:08 PDT

Hi,

I also have for the past several years used literature with my lessons for the primary level students. I have used books such as Using Caldecotts Across the Curriculum and Art and Literature. The students seem to really get into those lessons that I use books with more than the lessons without book introductions. At the young age level we need to get them hooked into reading, and if I can help by introducing books along with the media center and classroom teachers the more we keep them interested in reading.

Dawn