Take me off the list..... incompetent or inconsiderate?

---------

From: henry taylor (tortolitascom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2002 - 12:21:26 PDT

Why dump responsibility for signing you off this list on some over-worked
Getty system administrator?

At the end of every class my kids want to work to the very last second and
then rush out the door leaving me with the clean-up. Typical thoughtless
elementary kids.

Our state standards mandate that we include cleanup responsibility in our
lessons. The idea being that competence in art and in studenting includes
taking responsibility for finishing the job by doing everything necessary
to tidy up after oneself and not dumping part of the job on the class
administrator.

I sustained an on-the-job injury earlier this year from which I am still
limping because I managed to let slip a kindergarten class without their
recovering all of their crayons for me.

In any case to all the teachers running off list in a rush and leaving
messages for some hopefully arduous administrator to clean up after them I
wish upon you spilled paint and scattered crayons after every class for
the entire coming school year. If you don't need to clean up after
yourself why should your kids!

If you want to sign off for yourself just go here:
http://lists.getty.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=artsednet&text_mode=0

The Getty has made it quite easy and you were made aware of how to sign
off when you signed up after all. You even got an email note explaining
the process and asking you to retain it. Like my second graders apparently
many people immediately put that thought out of mind. It used to be that
every message included the address for unsubnscribing at the bottom.
Looking for it just now I notice that the address often isn't there at
least by way of my current mode of accessing the list.

For what its worth you don't have to have anything show up in your email
box. You can access the list entirely from your browser and do everything
necessary to follow and p[articipate in the threads and conversations
here.

I have to admit that I'm surprised by the number of teachers who are
apparently either too incompetent or too inconsiderate to sign off for
themselves.

Peace be with you
-henry

---