Re: Waterbase monoprints

---------

From: Frances Marze (fmaiu_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 11:50:36 PDT

I'm just getting to check more email and when I found this , I wanted o tell
everyone (unless you have tried this...) that plain liquid soap applied to
plexiglass plates and allowed to dry and then using soap and watercolors
paint a picture of the student's choice or the lesson. use dampened paper
and put through the press. Quite lovely. A few cautions: students who were
not successful the first time, did not allow the plate to completely dry
(it's ok to let the paint dry thoroughly) or they used paper that was too
wet, not just damp. I soak some printmaking paper and then press it between
a desk blotter.
I used the thin plexiglass plates that we got for etchings.

I have to remember things now since I am retired as of the end of this
school year.
 Fran