Re: RE: web site

---------

From: Michelle H. Harrell (michelle_h_harrell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 12:53:51 PDT

Jackie- First of all, I would try to go through your school district and get
web-site space for free. That's what I've done for my teacher page at
http://harrell.srhs.net. I've tried two web-sites for free: geocities and
homepage.com. I would stay away from these kind of sites like the plaque
because they put banners and pop-up advertisements that could put you in
legal trouble if you send kids to it or post students' work on a site that
advertises porn or gambling. If you're school can't host you and you want
to purchase it yourself, you're talking around $75 or so for the domain name
(like jackie.net) and then more fees for the amount of space you will use. I
have never done that part before but I'm working on another site for my dad
so I'll learn this summer. Bottom line, try your school or district first.

I'll be happy to help you get this started off the list whenever you need me
to. Let me know when you have questions or need me, Michelle