Re: behavior contract

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 12:37:09 PDT

Another approach is the "3 Strikes" rule. Slips are made with a list of your
"rules". For example, the list might read
1) No gum
2) Bring Pencil to class
3) Bring Sketchbook to class
4) No talking while teacher is talking
5) No profanity
6) No put downs allowed

Then, whenever a student breaks a rule they circle the # of the infraction.
If they get 3 circles in one class period they go to the principal's office
to sit and must then make up the time after school. Our middle school had
adopted this (except for me - I keep forgetting to make and copy slips!). If
the student has less than X number of strike outs at the end of the semester
they get a special day, be it a field trip, or simply to the auditorium for
pop and a movie.
~Michal

---