Re: Behavior contract

---------

From: Ricardo Ramirez (rramirez2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 09:00:05 PDT

I agree as well, yet stress the consequences to breaking the rules and make sure you follow through no matter who is the first student to buckle under. The students need to know that you are consistent

>>> rsnyder@wam.umd.edu 06/13/02 06:54AM >>>

Keep it simple. I've observed over the yrs. that m.s. and
elem. s. students get turned off (and will adhere less to your rules) if
art teachers puts up huge poster-size lists of 10 to 20 "do's &
don't's" regardless of how creative, pretty or embellished it is with
colors, flowers, animal faces, etc..

You'll find that 90% of your classroom behavior/responsibility rules will
fall under: 1. Be nice to (and respect) others! 2. Share materials/space
with classmates. 3. Clean up after yourself!

- B. Snyder, Maryland