AP Art

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 01:18:51 PDT

With all of the complaints and frustrations I've had with my AP classes and
the lack of response I get from the College Board when I have questions, I
agree with comments in defense of the AP program. It does raise the
standard and take the students through a process of presenting their work
in a professional portfolio style that validates the program.

I encourage the students to use their slides (make duplicates) as an aid
with their college applications to show another strength/talent/interest
they have in addition to their academics.

Guess I'll keep plugging along. I'm taking an AP Course for Experienced AP
Art Teachers at the Atlanta College of Art the last week in July. Need the
SDU credits and can always use the support of others in the field.

Good luck to all.

Judie

---