Re: AP Studio teachers

---------

From: barbara antebi (artgal50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 21:28:39 PDT

Susan,
Thank you for explaining your thoughts and you are right...but as we know life isn't always fair. Perhaps we need to protest to the College Board. There are many things that are wrong with AP ART...funny that the AP English, Science, Math kids test out of those freshman level classes without a hassle but our art kids have to struggle.

I guess we can go on debating the pro's and con's of AP Art just as we can about DBAE and Constructivism...all I know is when I went to high school there was no AP Art and I had no clue what a porfolio was...and I lived 20 minutes out of Manhattan. Being an art educator is a daily struggle and in that vast sea of educational rubbish I guess the best we can say about AP Art is that it helps to validate our programs and that is always something that we need.

Barbara in Texas