Re: school discipline policy based on merit/demeritsystem--anyoneheard of this?

---------

From: Susan L. Sanders (slsandrs_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 15:21:17 PDT

Well said, Maggie. It is the very boundaries that we and (hopefully)
that parents supply that provide a place where children (including the
big ones) can experiment and survive their errors. If we (and their
parents don' t provide the boundaries - then what is left is chaos...and
anarchy. Yes, I am very aware that children learn in many different
ways...and it stretches us as teachers to engage in teaching skills that
pull at our own limitations...we may not like having to learn something
new, but I would never ask a child to do something I wasn't willing to
do myself.

Susan Sanders
slsandrs@memphis.edu

---