Re: AP Studio teachers

---------

From: Susan L. Sanders (slsandrs_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 15:34:05 PDT

You missed the meaning. My children took AP (at least 2 years apiece).
They did the hoop jumping. It was good practice for college, when the
hoops get changed and you learn to jump another way. I am positively
for discipline within one's area of learning, meeting the demands a
course mets out...all I am saying is that I saw little value for either
of my children...the schools they attended recognized their credits, but
it didn't eliminate their having to take any...and I mean even the most
basic courses in college...Their schools said, "Great...you get 6
credits..." but you must learn our way now....so start at the
beginning...just like everyone else....It was very frustrating to both
of them, because they were hungry to take on more challenging
classes...and it was like being sent back to the back of the line. If
colleges don't acknowledge...by crediting not only the AP classes taken,
but the skills that were learned in the those AP classes...and let AP
students begin at a more challenging level...really, what value are
they?

Susan Sanders

---