Re: AP Studio teachers

---------

From: barbara antebi (artgal50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 09:45:00 PDT

It also seems to me that the type of schools that we want our  precious and most talented students to get into look to see if they have challenged the curriculm.  Just as we may not agree with SAT and other state testing there must be some measure for seperating the men from the boys.

Anyone can get into the Art Institute of Phoenix or Dallas if they can afford to pay tutition but it isn't that way with schools such as Rhode Island School of Visual Arts, Cal Arts, NY School of Visual Arts, Chicago Art Institute, etc.  I believe that taking an AP class greatly influences the folks in the admissions office.

Barbara in Texas