Re: junior high

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 08:08:42 PDT

I have to agree with these teachers, get the behavior off on the right foot.
We do a "contract" which I affectionately call our Expectations Sheet. I tell
the kids I go for a 100% return of all contracts with a parent/guardian
signature. If I do not get it , I hit the phones and bug the parents.
Besides going over class expectations the first day , we also get our
sketchbooks in order, do a simple sketch and maybe play an art game.
MaryB

Sue Stewart wrote:

> artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:
> in WRITING and each student gets a copy.
> >
> >Suggestion: If you think something might be disputed later, put it in
> >writing!
>
> And have them sign it and send a copy home to be signed by the parent.
> This saves a lot of grief when some darling starts destroying your tools
> or materials. It is school policy where I work to send parent letters and
> get them back signed.
>
> Sue E. Stewart
> Sumner High School

---