Re: junior high

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 06:51:17 PDT

I think this highly depends upon your time structure. I am not very good at
lecturing and my classes are 1 1/2 hours long. Therefore, I go over rules
and procedures, and then I go into an activity. The main criteria for this
lesson is that it is HIGHLY STRUCTURED! I give students visual journals
(some call them sketchbooks) and we work in those abit, then maybe a short
critique of a famous painting. I will do this the entire first week, and
then loosen up abit as their behavior merits it.
~Michal

> I know some people will advocate jumping right in with an art activity,
but I
> like to establish my rules and procedures from DAY ONE. I also put rules,
> information, etc. in WRITING and each student gets a copy.
>
> Suggestion: If you think something might be disputed later, put it in
> writing!

---