Re: In defense of AP

---------

From: Christa Wise (cwise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 06:36:48 PDT

I agree.

For me, it solves "senior slump" as well.

Some motivated juniors have actually been offered $25,000 scholarships
solely on their end-of-junior year portfolios which would never have
happened without the AP thrust. It forces serious students to get their
work in order - order and organization not being typical art student assets.

Three hours of credit at large for $78.00 is better than a poke in the eye
with a sharp stick methinks.

Christa

---