Re: computer technology

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 00:27:16 PDT

> the idea that the difference between a monkey and
> paintbrush and an artist and a paintbrush

This is such a good educational philosophy...

> One boy (who is now an illustrator/graphic
> designer, graduate from Pratt), spend all summer
> making an animation of skeletons chasing something.
> He said at the time, that it was too much
> trouble, and it took hours and hours of work and it
> didn't interest him. But he followed through, as he
> was want to do, to challenge himself

What an inspirational experience-wow!

> We eventually took the old Amiga apart and glued the
> 'innards' onto paintings about technology.

Cool Project,
> San D

I just went through some of the lessons that I had
from coursework. A classmate (B.Phillips) presented a
lesson based on the work of Maya Lin that involved
writing text and then making rubbings of nature over
the composition.
I thought this might have some potential for
intergrating computer tech. At the very least - Maya
Lin is a great example of being able to combine crisp,
stark elements with the natural world.

Dawn