Re: messages with attachments

---------

From: croberts (croberts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 14:51:37 PDT

Teresa,
Was your Norton Antivirus up-to-date or was it outdated?

I update mine every two weeks. It only costs me about $20 a year to do this
with Norton.

What you're saying worries me. I know that recently with some of the emails
I've received, Norton will put up an alert when I go to open the message. I
have been deleting the virus AND the message. I just hope someone doesn't
create a virus/worm that Norton doesn't catch.

Thanks for your warning.
Carolyn

> I just got the Klez worm but not from an attachment. I got it only by
opening an e-mail that said...."Meeting notice." So, you can get it pretty
easily.
> It really did a lot of damage to my computer. It damaged some files in my
Windows program as well as some files in Norton Antivirus. I had to go out
and buy a new virus program and load it and get rid of the virus fast as it
will damage your antivirus program. I also had to reinstall Windows.
> Another thing that happened at the same time is that someone hacked into
our computer and stole our e-mail names and passwords and used them to
solicit porn on the internet. AOL said that a person can get access to them
through a virus sometimes. We had to change all of our passwords and
everything. So I would really recommend that everyone really be careful with
this virus. Even when deleting it work fast before it discards any files
from the virus program.
> Good luck.
> PS. Why do people create these worms and viruses?
> Teresa in El Paso

---