Re: school discipline policy based on merit/demerit system--anyone heard of this?

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 09 2002 - 10:14:03 PDT

I know that keeping a record of all the demerits is a huge nightmare.
Also you have a problem of some teachers give demerits for chewing gum and
small things like running in the hall--they
get a little control happy with handing them out--
other teachers save them for serious events--admin gets crazy with the
number and inequity. Sid
# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko High School #
# College Avenue #