Fun Line Projects

---------

From: Christine Colera (cmcolera_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 09 2002 - 07:55:11 PDT

We do a line project - where the students do a blind contour self portrait, they look at mirrors, two mirrored tiles taped together with duct tape on one side so they stand like a tent.  They do a ton of these until they do it right and come up with one that is interesting.  They must not pick up there pen from the paper.  We use sharpies cause the line is easy to see.  Afterwards using copper wire and pliers the students make the wire construction of their blind contour self portraits.  They come out great and I have the students make a hanger for them and they hang in our window all term they look great and they can easily be hot glued to a matte board for shows.

Tina in San Diego

Join the worldís largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. Click Here
---