Re: computer technology- Judie J

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 09 2002 - 06:46:12 PDT

Now, I do believe you have a point here. Giving credit to the
people who created the software especially. For without the
know how of the software, what comes about? At this point, I
am lost in my thoughts as to which direction I would support the
most. What I do love is the challenge of thinking about all of
this and that it keeps my mind occupied, not lost in "La La
Land". I will say that my thoughts of the computer as a way
of communication by letter, email, is great. How else would I
have such ease of collaboration with fellow art teachers than
this way. To get a response in 15 minutes excites me. Whether
I am opening a email or a hand written letter, it is the content
of both that is exciting. I have shared hand written from
others on this list.

I am on vacation, summer that is. Most would say, relax, enjoy
your time off. My personal thoughts as a professional. The
time off gives me a chance to reflect on the past and begin
developing the future. Do I take time to myself, well of
course. But deep down inside I can not feel comfortable with
leaving in late May, and not thinking about art, students, work,
lessons, etc until I begin back in mid-August. Actually August
1st for me. I could not feel comfortable beginning up again
if I had not thought about it at all during summer. I take the
summer breaks as a time to play around with what will happen
later during school. My vacations for myself help also. Like
studying the ocean waves, or driving through Colorado and
studying the mountains. I don't see much of either in Central
Texas. Now I can paint a picture for my students when they ask.
 See, I am playing and I am working at the same time. That is
the best side of this profession. What other one do you know of
that allows you to play and work for almost 3 months straight.

So back to the computer, a modernized piece of paper, a quick
reference, a one location storage, oh I could go on.

Thanks for the challenge of the mind, now off to church this
morning. To put music to the thoughts in my mind, to give
thanks for the ocean and the mountains, to ask for the guidance
needed to improve. Oh, I will stop here.

Jackie Aust
Bryan Texas
austart@bryanisd.org
jab1997@bryanisd.org