Re: computer technology- Judie J

---------

From: Diane Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 08 2002 - 19:48:17 PDT

Good questions and insights Jackie! That begs the question: Is a pencil
technology as well. I guess when it was first invented in was very foreign
to those who had never used it.

Yes, we need to keep in mind what got us to the design of that tool. The
current computer tool has been designed in such a way as to encourage a
certain way of working and creating. To me, when we sign a work of computer
art, maybe we should also give credit to the people who designed the computer
and software. The original creator has more of a distinct presence I
believe, than the person who invented the pencil, crayon or paint tube. What
are your thoughts about this?