UPS and my national board sob story

---------

From: Michelle H. Harrell (michelle_h_harrell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 08 2002 - 05:53:40 PDT

Good morning fellow artsednetters!

Please excuse this message being long and whiney but I have to vent about
UPS and the panic attack I had yesterday over them "losing" my national
board box. Sorry EAYA-Art folks if you're seeing this message for the 2nd
time.

I sent my last Wednesday to arrive this past Monday 6/3 in San Antonio. I
tracked it online and saw that it arrived in San Antonio Tuesday morning and
was set to be delivered that morning. Well, I've been in a Cisco workshop
this week which has kicked my butt and didn't track it again until
yesterday. No progress had been made. After an hour on the phone with UPS
(and after they supposedly had called the NB office to check it themselves)
they declared the box officially lost and under an 8 day investigation that
would start Monday 5/10. AGGGHH! Panic!! After a couple of phone calls to
family and friends to vent and gather my tears and nerves, I called NBoard
to ask what I should do and how to prepare my backup copy without
appropriate stickers and envelopes. The NBPTS office was so warm and
helpful (and after telling me it would be fine to fax my UPS receipt so they
could do extension) found the box! UPS had delivered it but didn't file the
receipt of it!!

Long story short, the box is there and I have collected my nerves enough to
finish this Cisco course and exam knowing my precious box is in the hands of
the right people. I will probably never use UPS again the way I was treated
so nonchalantly. Just wanted to spread the word.

Thanks for letting me vent, it's a healing process.
Michelle Harrell
http://harrell.srhs.net
Southeast Raleigh High School
Raleigh, NC 27610