Re: AP Studio teachers

---------

From: Myriam Ramos (cemy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 11:22:09 PDT

I had a hard time with the AP when I offered it. Even the
kids who turned out to be successful in art schools didn't
score above 3's. On the other hand students who wanted to
get the extra GPA point were able to get an A from the B
they got from me.
I know I wasn't hard enough in my assignmnets and
expectations, but I haven't offered it again and it suits
me fine. Just a couple of weeks ago I had 3 juniors come to
ask me if I would let them take AP in independent study
next school year. When I asked them if they were willing to
work 3 hours every night, their answer was "Never mind." So
that decided it for next year. I do have a sophomore who
says she's willing to do it in two years. So I'm going to
work with her and see how she does as a junior before she
takes it officially as a senior.

Myriam

  Message sent using Caribe.Net WebMail (BETA)
  Caribe.Net - http://www.caribe.net

---