Re: Everything Big in Texas!

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 05:18:01 PDT

Teresa,

I am in Texas also and I have taught in a rural school. I got
more money there than I do a a class 5A school. Would you
believe in rural we had 550 high schoolers. I had about 125 in
art classes. My budget was 4000 for consumables and 2000 for
capitol outlay. I am sure it has dropped some since I left but
in this district, I have 8000 between 5 art teachers and 1500
for capitol outlay between 5 art teachers. We each also have
around 33 to begin with in five classes that does drop some
during second semester.

Jackie Aust
Bryan Texas
austart@bryanisd.org