Re: computer technology

---------

Tmcnorf_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 03:43:07 PDT

In a message dated 6/6/02 11:12:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dianegregory@earthlink.net writes:

> how we can harness technology without losing
> too much of our own souls. Any ideas?

Your comments on this have come at a time when I am searching and struggling
with some of the same issues.
I teach 6,7, and 8th grades. Due to scheduling, my students have always
received more than the state required half year of art. New York has now
imposed increased technology requirements and I must give up my 8th grade art
classes. However... I have been asked to teach 8th grade computer
technology. I wonder if I cannot really lose art class by doing this.
Is there anyone who has taught such a computer technology class and has been
able to keep the focus on art without losing themselves or the kids in
electronics?? I don't really know where to begin with this class if I accept
the offer to teach it. Of course my other option is lunch duty, so I guess my
decision is already made.

---