Re: computer technology

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 02:40:21 PDT

Diane,
        Your e-mail could not have come at a more appropriate time.
I am leaving this morning for the Southwest. I will attend a national
conference on computers in education (NECC) in San Antonio starting
June 17. I'm taking a copy of your letter with me. I too share your
concerns. I love playing with my tech toys, but see the many pitfalls.
As art teachers we need to be much more about our students
learning to see (drawing) than learning how to surf. Alas, these tech
toys are not going away, so we need to find how they fit best in
our curriculum and in our lives.
                                                                Thanks, Woody

Diane Gregory wrote:

> As a university art education professor that has written,
> researched and taught many classes on art education and
> technology, I must confess I have serious doubts about the
> use of technology in the art classroom, in education in
> general and society as a whole.
> Diane Gregory
> dianegregory@earthlink.net

---