Re: Is art education dead?

---------

From: LEO DAVINCE (ytsirk_uno_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 20:31:15 PDT

--- henry taylor <tortolitascom@netscape.net> wrote:
> For the record I don't think
> I can get any more
> concise than this: ART IS ART. And from that I
> suspect you can see the
> problem of putting things as simply as possible.
>
> Even when I'm being "brief" I manage to wander, huh?
> wink
>
> -henry
> I sense a twist of cynacism seasoned with a twist of
humour.
The debate of "What is Art?" has no one answer but has
generated some piquant responses. This is a question
that elicits personal and philisophical viewpoints.
Each work of art generates a variety of feelings,
emotions and responses that are salient to the viewer
even if no one else agrees. To put it more simply yet,
to carry on your train of thought, how about ...."ART
IS."
leave-artsednet-7600Y@lists.getty.edu