Re: AP Studio teachers

---------

From: KPRS (KPRS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 23:22:08 PDT

> San D, how did you convince your administration to do this? I have
> suggested this for years, and they insist (parent pressure I think) of
> offering AP Studio Art.
>
> Judie J
I pointed out that AP Art History was NOT just for art majors, but for
ANYONE interested in history, or in languages (for example). AP Art History
makes history come alive to some students in ways that the conventional
history classes can not. Also aesthetics and criticism become part of the
course, and that 'ups the ante' in terms of teaching higher level thinking
skills.

San D

---