Re: AP Studio & $$$

---------

From: PROPST, JAN (THSJMP01_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 13:34:14 PDT

The students taking AP classes in our school are not catagorized as 'gifted'.
Therefore, no money comes from any talented account.

I have found that the AP Studio program is expensive. Students not only pay the $72.00 fee, but buy their own mat board, film, and also pay for slide developing. We have finally learned to take slides carefully and early when possible, as it saves on having to pay for a second round of film and developing.

All in all, it beats the cost of 3-4 credit hours at the college level.

I'm impressed with the $10,000 in Texas- but I hear they do everything big down there!

Jan

---