Re: AP Studio teachers

---------

From: Christa Wise (cwise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 06:25:44 PDT

Re: "I was wondering how you feel about the changes to the portfolio."

I agree Patty. I wonder if it is because we are used to the other format
and are still learning this one.

I had 2-D/Drawing students who had some good 3-D pieces that they could no
longer submit. The general portfolio certainly encouraged breadth which, in
a small school with three portfolios going at once, made it easier.
Because there is less common ground for all the students now, I cannot run
the whole class through some basic assignments knowing they will fit in the
common breadth section. Students need to decide their direction much more
quickly now.

Certainly the reduction in the number of pieces is a plus. Having 32
stellar works was always a stretch. The current 24 is much more humane. I
always felt that our students did way more work than a typical first year
art student.
Christa

---