Re: AP Studio & $$$

---------

From: PROPST, JAN (THSJMP01_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 05:14:08 PDT

Cindi wrote:

Doesn't the school get money for AP Studio classes? If
they are taught it kicks in some sort of funding.
Isn't that why you need to go through your
administrator to offer it? Guidance can make up a code
for any course, you could teach Comp7 if you need to,
but AP is about funding------I thought. Cindi

As far as I know, our school does not receive extra funding for offering this course.
The primary reason for taking AP is for the student to receive college credit. My students
also build a decent portfolio for college admission in this class.
I would gladly accept additional funds for our school!

Jan

---