Re: AP Studio teachers

---------

From: KPRS (KPRS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 01:03:02 PDT

Our school opted for an AP Art History class instead of an AP Studio course.
We have our own version of Advanced Art, called Open Studio. I teach Open
Studio and can tell you that the freedom I have with each individual student
and the class as a whole would not meet the needs of an AP Studio art
portfolio. However all of my art students get into the school of their
choice without AP Studio Art. I think you can model your advanced art course
after the AP Studio Art course requirements, but you certainly don't have to
be locked into them.

San D

---