Re: Is art education dead?

---------

From: henry taylor (tortolitascom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 19:01:47 PDT

> egads Henry....you introduced your post as initiating a think tank with an
> invitation for such, and I felt I spent more than a usual amount of time
> expressing my feelings/thoughts. I would hope seriously that you don't
> assess such now as "wasted time" we have spent on responding to your post.

heck, Larry, I always assume that my posts give more people headaches than
not and that from their perspective the time might be spent more enjoyably
discussing the functionality of wallpaper paste agains that slimy clear
stuf for papier mache. I gotta give those folks their due.

On the other hand its nice to be able to share a deep discussion about
ideas. Actually I hadn't meant to formally initiate a think tank only to
add to Diane's call for one. I guess I do tend to treat listservs as
micro-think-tanks of a sort. Probably the closest I'll ever get to one. <Grin>

When I was still in school I spent a lot of time on ARTCRIT and we managed
to get the flames roaring from time to time. Taught me a lot about writing
on line.
List serves are great if your skin is tough enough. Sign on to a listserv
and say anything at all and prepare to defend your premises or reform your
ideas. They are the best constructivist and collaborative learning
platforms ever! Between listserves and libraries lies the cheapest and
most efficient Graduate program ever offered. To bad you can't get degrees
for participation.

cheers
-henry

---