Re: Student teacher

---------

From: barb cicchelli (bcriverspirit_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 12:18:06 PDT

 Probably my most valuable book for classroom management was one by Harry Wong-can't remember the title and I still like DBAE to some extent for all age levels. As long as you feel what you have to share is valuable and important, the students will too! You have that passion for art and that will come through. Pick projects/ideas that you find fascinating yourself. Good Luck.
  K2flames2@aol.com wrote: Hey all!
     This thread is of interest to me since I will be doing my student teaching in the fall. Any suggestions or comments on how I can best prepare myself? The teacher education I have had has been very general and not specific to art. I got my bachelors in art at UCDavis but at times I feel in the dark at how best to proceed. Most exciting to me is the potential of sharing the wonderful world of art with students, most daunting is that I will fail miserably because I haven't been adequately prepared. I am anxious and excited to finally get into the classroom. Any suggestions or comments (including books, articles etc.) are more than welcome. Thanks to all! Karen in San Diego ---