Re: Is art education dead?

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 05:25:30 PDT

From: "henry taylor" <tortolitascom@netscape.net>
<snip>
>No reason for anyone else to waste time on my posts other than
>if it gives them some enjoyment---and even ripping my posts
>COULD count for that if it were enjoyable, you know?
>-henry

egads Henry....you introduced your post as initiating a think tank with an
invitation for such, and I felt I spent more than a usual amount of time
expressing my feelings/thoughts. I would hope seriously that you don't
assess such now as "wasted time" we have spent on responding to your post.

I moderate a number of forums on an online arts community of over 9,000
artists internationally, and one of those is a Debate Forum, Art & Society.
You haven't even begun to see what ripping posts is, or the kind of exchange
creative people with a mix of intelligence, various philosophies,
worldviews, and a dash of cynacism can produce. Truth is, the "think tank"
invitation did what such a request ought to do, which is invite countering
points as well where true dialetic exchange can happen. I wasn't put off by
your invitation. I embraced it. Kudos....

Larry

---