Re: Is art education dead?

---------

From: henry taylor (tortolitascom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 20:41:10 PDT

Looking around the list Christa I can't seem to find any k5 kids
participating. I teach art, to kids, in school. I come here to discuss
what I teach and what I want to teach and why and think it time well
spent. I'm just wired to seek out problems and ponder them and sometimes
propose possible solutions and sometimes offer possible explanations for
things. In this aspect work and vacation are indistinguishable. I do what
I enjoy. You are correct when you offer "You can spend a whole life doing
this and not begin to scratch the surface" and I cannot for the life of me
think of a more enjoyable way to spend MY life.

No reason for anyone else to waste time on my posts other than if it gives
them some enjoyment---and even ripping my posts COULD count for that if it
were enjoyable, you know?

cheers
-henry

> Geez, Henry and Patty. You guys need a vacation!
> You can spend a whole life doing this and not begin to scratch the surface.
> Remember, you teach kids, not just art. Spend your time well.
>
> Christa

---