Re: spam question???

---------

From: D. Sterner (dsterner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 13:34:30 PDT

Lately I have been getting many attachments from strangers. I use Outlook
express and I can easily identify the ISP by right clicking to reveal the
properties and get more information by selecting the "details" tab to see
what's in the message without ever opening it. The senders ISP address
appears even if they used yahoo or something.

In my case I used the e-mail source info from the properties and went to the
ISP's page - and looked for a tech help e-mail address. decode the ISP by
searching for a site with the information after the @ symbol - In my case,
dsterner@wzrd.com, you would look for an ISP at http://www.wzrd.com - thats
my ISP.

I explained that I have been getting attachments that might be viruses.
They responded that they would "take care of it" and there have been fewer
since.

I suppose you could call your ISP and report spam and forward the stuff to
them?
deb