Re: Is art education dead?

---------

From: Susan M Kipp (smkipp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 11:34:40 PDT

From: "Susan M Kipp" <smkipp@pps.k12.or.us>
To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 11:18 AM
Subject: Re: Is art education dead?

You're right, Aaron. And you have to take each kid/class from where they're
at. I've learned not to assume anything much. I may have had had all the
 greatest theories, methods and plans this morning, but when the 4th grade
 class that trashed my classroom and was downright rude and belligerent last
 Thurs. came in this morning, I took them right back to day one ground rules
 for the whole period. I'll bet $100 that day after tomorrow (their last day
 with me) we will paint their final projects in a fun and pleasant
 atmosphere.
 Susan in OR