Wall Putty as a drawing tool...pretty cool!

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jan 06 1904 - 13:04:09 PDT

Thought some might really value from this site. Especially if graphite and
charcoal drawing techniques are an emphasis for you. The artist's name is Mike
Sibley...an incredible dog portraitist.

http://www.sibleyfineart.com/

Some will not appreciate his use of devices which he justifies with camera obscura
and devices of old masters....however, check out his "Studio Tips"
then go down to "Erasing with wall putty" and click on links there.

He has a really neat idea of using wall putty to erase and use as
subtractive/negative space drawing. The wall putty acts as a graphite magnet
picking up graphite without ANY damage to the paper's surface, and offers much
control over effects. Better than gum erasers or kneaded. The putty can be
shaped to be a quite enabling tool. I'm definitely going to try it....and then
introduce my students to it. -Larry

---