Re: Is art education dead?

---------

From: Christa Wise (cwise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 06:05:19 PDT

"When I first came here...my seniors and juniors did not
even ever hear of Vincent Van Gogh. There is no over-emphasis of something
Western here...in fact, there simply had been no crusade for the cause of
art at all!"

What he said...times two.

But understand, I have a fellowship to TICA(Teacher Institute on
Contemporary Art) sposored by NEA (National Endowment for the Arts) at the
SAIC(School of the Art Institute - Chicago) on VCAE so by fall, God help me,
I may be more OPEN.

Christa

---