web site software.....

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 18:41:24 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
> BUILD ME A WEB SITE ABOUT MY ART DEPARTMENT,
> MY STUDENTS WORK, AND THE ART TEACHERS IN MY DEPARTMENT. Does
> everyone feel the desire here. I work in Mac format. I have
> only gotten my feet wet using Composer from Netscape.
> Jackie Aust
**************************

I built my website using HOME PAGE...software for mac. It's not all that
expensive and it has a tutorial (if you need it) and it's very simple to
use. I taught myself using this software and played around with setting up
some individual pages and learning how to drop in images and text and color
and by THAT time I got a feel for what I wanted to do with the pages. There
is limitation on how you can move the images around with this software but
it's a good beginner's learning tool.

I think if you try making sample pages to start, you can get a feel for what
you want to do before you decide on how you want the site to flow. I made
individual pages first and then decided how I wanted it all to connect.

As it was suggested earlier, getting images ready to go, scanned, whatever,
it a good first step so you'll have things ready to plop on your pages as
you set them up.

I'm planning on taking some web building classes this summer myself because
the little I know is just enough to be dangerous. And...I want to know how
to make my own website and control it MYSELF instead of going through the
district and being victimized.

I understand Dreamweaver is a real saucy program and difficult to learn but
that's my goal, hopefully, this summer. I know some of you out there already
use it. My hats off to you. Toodles....Bunki

---