Ok.....I'm free. Time to read and do my own art thing.

---------

From: linda (lwoods_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 08:35:07 PDT

I'm designing for MY metals/jewelry class this week!!!!! Next week I go
to school! What a concept. I bought a workbench yesterday, and am using
photoshop to design my etchings for bracelets, rings and pendants, which
is what i like to do the most (at least right now). I learned photoshop
way before I started doing jewelry and am delighted by the way it
facilitates design for etching. You can download your images onto a
special heat transfer paper called "Press and Peel", or PNP. So, images
can be stored, altered, resized, stamped over and over to make intricate
patterns and so on. SOunds like jewelry to me! I've built up huge files
of these images over the winter and spring, working in the evenings. Now
it will be time to use them! Such fun. I hope this is the summer I go
into actual production. I envision myself living on a hill with golden
grasses and a splash of aquamarine over to the right somewhere....I know I
could never afford to live right on the ocean, so I'm trying to be
realistic. Lol. In ten years (I'll be 60) or maybe a little less, my
pipedream is to be doing this full time, and living somewhere pretty.
Houston's a great town, but I gotta tell ya, I've been here since 1964 and
my husband and I are really craving some nature!! We have to take care of
elderly moms here, so we've stayed a lot longer than we really wanted to.

I also have an assigned book to read over the summer (from school, for
discussion groups next year.) Have any of you ever read "Methods that
Matter", by Daniels and Bizar?

I also would love to read something that was as much fun to read as the
Ya-Ya Sisterhood was a few years ago. If you have some suggestions and
they don't apply to the topics in here, you can mail me off list. I hope
the YaYa movie is HALF as good as the book was. Imagine....going to a
matinee....wow, another concept!

Well, enjoy, all you summer folks. I for one have never been as wiped out
and tired as I was this year. Time to recharge. Looking forward to
mentoring a new art teacher (next year) who is a true diamond in the
rough, I can just tell. She'll be my teaching partner. Call it full
circle, but we passed over a few AMAZING candidates with great
personalities and BEAUTIFUL portfolios for this person. I want to help
someone else new in the way that I was once helped to fulfill a dream.
PLUS, she has an amazing sense of humor and is very very creative.

---