Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: writing in the art room

From: Freeland, Susan (FREELAS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 04:19:53 PDT

Sorry I didn't finish...
I have the students finish a paragraph about an element or principle in a
creative way...or have them critique a work by writing how they feel and add
any elements and principles if they can. "These special words are the keys
to speaking about art so others can see you know what you're talking about."
We also have a discussion about what color is behind the thoughts in their
head...or how they see the passage of time in their mind...there must be a
reference out there with many more...either on the web or in a book..does
anyone know of any?

Since we don't have enough to do already, all teachers in my school are
required to give two writing prompts per week to each class. Yes, even
the art,
music , and  P. E. teachers.
Does anyone have any good ideas for incorporating writing with art? I am
for meaningful and creative ideas that will appeal to 7th and 8th grade