Re: speaking of "Sequential Learning..."

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 02 2002 - 20:27:59 PDT

Patti in Fl writes:
> It all hinges on the multiple learning style approach. Since we must consider
> the
> auditory learner, the kinesthetic learner, the visual learner, etc. We
> purposefully
> make these connections by using multiple styles that address the many ways
> people learn.The more they "own " and contribute to the process, the more they
> will
> remember. Yet, most of the instruction that goes on is auditory alone, and
> then we wonder why THEY dont get it.

and it goes even farther than this...
the language we use, the words we use, are perceived by learning style.
I took a simple test and found that the language I use is very noncommittal,
I'd probably be a good politician. Most of us speak in the kinds of words
identified with our learning style -visual or action words or sensory words.
If you speak in one style, supposedly you are not reaching the other
styles...
Ah just another burden for us teachers to bear--- watching our language.

just don't know how I got along this far along in life without teachers that
didn't know all of this
Patty

---