Re: Carge for e-mail

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 02 2002 - 07:11:38 PDT

Judie, this is absolutely false - a hoax that has been circulating for
YEARS! (and
you finally got it!!??). whenever you get something like this (or the
stories
of the terminally ill who are collecting money, or trying to get the most
greeting cards before they die, or any other preposterous foolishness) check
it out on the Urban Legends Reference Pages:
   http://www.snopes2.com/
this is the BEST way to find out if something is a hoax or not. and it is
also amazing just to browse through and read for fun. for this particular
one, search the snopes site for Bill 602P (according to the message you
received) and you'll be able to learn all about this hoax and the rounds
it's been making since 1999.

linda who'll be fooled no more in michigan

on 6/3/02 7:18 AM, Judie at judiej50@mindspring.com wrote:

> Just got this from a reliable person. Does anyone know if this is true?
> It certainly will affect this group if it is!!!!!
>
> Judie
>>> Subject: FW: IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ, TAX INCREASE!
>>> Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 12:49:17 -0400
>>>
>>> Subject: This is really important!! Please Read -
>>>

>>> Postage will go up the end of June 2002 from 34 cents to 37 cents. It
> will
>>> be from 9% to 12% rate increase.
>>> But this isn't all. No more free E-mail! We knew this was coming - Bill
>>> 602P
>>> will permit the Federal Government to charge a 5-cent charge on every
>>> delivered E-mail.

---