New School in Fall

---------

From: Christine Colera (cmcolera_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 02 2002 - 15:11:57 PDT

I teach a block schedule all year - and I know that I would have a horrible
time going back. I find that breaking up my time into segments, I start
with an warm up activity that they work on as soon as they get into class
and then I try not to lecture the whole period any day but in smaller
segments, so they don't get so bored. I also try to have a project they can
work on at all free times so there is never nothing to do. Really I think
you will love it - more time to work and less time spent cleaning up and
preping.
Good luck
Tina in San Diego