re: Student teacher

---------

From: Elizabeth Abbott (edabbott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 02 2002 - 13:43:10 PDT

About taking student teachers? Here's the scoop. I spent the last two
years as student teaching
supervisor for the Syracuse University's art department. We have placed
some outstanding,
well prepared, motivated, and talented students.

It is sure an opportunity for the host teacher to keep up with current
trends, have a little time to
plan for your program and it can be a great team teaching
situation........That is what we have
encouraged our host teachers to do for our students.

Yes, sometimes you get a dud.......or even a real diamond in the rough.
But I know that in turn for
taking an SU student teachers earn 3 credits toward continuing education
or just to take an art course
for yourself.

Try it...........you might get hooked.

Certainly would be glad to give any pointers too about the communication
with a student teacher...they usually will
come with a supervisor from the university who will be very helpful in
this process both for you as role model and
for the student teacher as learner.

Good luck
Beth

---