PBS:Art 21

---------

From: Kaye Passmore (passmore_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 02 2002 - 10:37:42 PDT

Hi everyone,
Iıve been looking at PBSıs video series, Art 21 (from ShopPBS.org.) I
definitely think it will be best shown in 10 to 15 minute segments ­ just
about the artist weıre studying at the time. But it will be a great way to
introduce some of these very contemporary artists who will appeal to my
students, but who Iım really just learning about. I love the segment about
Osorio Peponıs installation of a barber shop ­ No Crying Allowed in the
Barber shop. The PBS Web site that goes with this series is a treasure
trove:
http://www.pbs.org/art21/artists .

Iım looking forward to Don Krugıs course online this summer about Identity
and Place in Contemporary Art. (www.davis-art.com) These videos and the PBS
Web site along with a lot of other contemporary artistsı sites are
resources in this course. He uses a constructionist teaching approach. I am
fascinated with how all the parts of a personıs identity surfaces in their
art and how we can include these very personal fascists into our own art.

Kaye

---