Re: Didaction and constructivism

---------

From: Esa Tipton (tmtartseducation_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 02 2002 - 01:16:52 PDT

I think, Diane, if you look at the meaning of the
sentence you are clarifying, you will find we are
saying the same thing:

the teacher is a resource and guide to helping
the student learn the aspects from their own
initiative, direction, and outcome.

If the teacher doesn't have a knowledge base, they
cannot be a guide and resource. The point is the same
from both of us. We need to open up the learning
structure to let students design their own learning
processes and outcomes. Didaction actually takes this
one step further and does not tie learning to
criterion-referenced norms and outcomes. This is true
revolution in education!
Teresa